Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brewer's Best Robust Porter



Date: 1-26-08
Brewing Music: Pearl Jam - Live On Two Legs
Brewing Beverage: Dos Equis Amber Stay thirsty, my friends.

I moved the Pilsner into the secondary tonight.

Next, I started a Porter from a make-shift brewer's best kit. It smells great as it's boiling right now. Taking the advice of someone who commented here, I'm going to order a kit from Austin Home Brew online and see how it works out. Also, I've made arrangements to attend as brew-off in early March so I can see how people have set up their all-grain systems. A little sampling won't be too bad either.

All malt, very dark and bitter. A great dark ale combining crystal and chocolate malts for a great tasting brew full of flavor and body.

Starting Specific Gravity: 1.050
Planned Fermentation: One week primary, one week secondary

6.6 lbs. Plain Amber Malt Extract
8 oz. Crushed Crystal Malt
4 oz. Crushed Black Patent Malt
4 oz. Crushed Chocolate Malt
1 oz. Clustering Hops (bittering)
1/2 oz. Willamette Hops(finishing)
1 package of Nottingham Dry Brewing Yeast

Purchase Kit Here

No comments: