Monday, June 2, 2008

It's been a while

Well, it's been quite some time since I've updated this blog. There's good reason for it. I haven't brewed anything in the past 2-3months. And the reason for that is my IPA bombed horribly. It was the perfect storm of neglect. I killed the yeast because I pitched at too high of a temperature. I used the wrong kind of water (maybe). I waited FOREVER in secondary before bottling the beer. Too long. And the result was, instead of a nice imperial IPA, I got 50 bottles of something that looked like caramel and tasted like bleach.

On a positive note, the Apfelwein was excellent and I've started to really enjoy the taste when it very very cold. I think I'll make more and see how I can get a little more carbonation next time.

In closing, here's the official reaction when trying my flawed Imperial IPA:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a terrible face!